Each stop includes a tasting and is structured with an emphasis on individual truck specialties, as well as the diversity of regional cuisine.
This tour is suitable for those who have never visited a food truck, as well as those who are looking to explore new trucks and dishes.
You will learn all about the different dishes, meat choices, history behind the food and how to order at a food truck. You will also learn about the culture and history of Portland.
60 to 90 Minutes
-Monday through Saturday
Check-in at least 10 minutes before departure
This tour is not available on Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and between December 20 and January 4 each year.
Special Terms & Conditions
By placing an order for this tour, you are acknowledging your agreement to all Terms and Conditions for this tour, that you accept the Waiver and Release of Liability noted here, and have read and agreed to all listed Frequently Asked Questions.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to arrive on time on the day of the tour. These food tours have set destination times built into the experience. Your on time arrival is critical as the tour guides have been instructed to not delay starting on time as this may disrupt the other participants experience and/or the vendors who participate in the food tour.
• Tour guides reserve the right to limit the number of participants or to cancel any culinary tasting adventure that fails to attract minimum enrollment (9 guests). They also reserve the right to change the location of the meeting place as well as the location of eateries to visit. It is the customer’s obligation to reconfirm the meeting location for the tour.
• Participants must provide on the Order Form accurate information about any allergies, dietary needs or restrictions they may have. We cannot guarantee that any dietary needs or restrictions can be accommodated given the nature of these programs, but guides will do their best to work according to your preferences. Any and all food allergies and dietary restrictions shall and must be disclosed to your tour guides prior to commencement of the tour. It is vital for culinary tasting adventure participants with medical/health concerns to inform guides ahead of time of their condition. The culinary adventure specialist reserves the right to disqualify anyone at any time during the culinary tasting adventure if he or she feels the participant is incapable and/or if a guest's continued participation will jeopardize the individual involved or the group. Refunds are not given under such circumstances.
• You understand and agree that your booking agent and your tour guide are not responsible for the foods or beverages consumed on this tour. They act solely as agents in arranging Culinary Tasting Adventures, venue visits and other services and dos not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in transporting passengers, rendering service, or carrying out arrangements for any culinary tasting adventure or by the act of default of any restaurant or shop or its employees.
• Waiver and Release of Claims - Walking Tours. By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in this food tasting and cultural walking tour, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, you understand, acknowledge, represent, warrant and agree as follows, with the knowledge that the tour seller and operator will rely on same:
A. You desire to participate in the food tasting and cultural walking tours offered;
B. You are in good health and suffer from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make you especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Agreement (without limitation);
C. You fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with your participation in the tour including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death;
D. You grant to the tour seller, operator and their affiliates and agents the irrevocable, sub-licensable right and authority to use your name, likeness, photograph and/or picture for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to you;
E. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH OR ON YOUR BEHALF, HEREBY FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE THE OPERATOR AND ITS RELATED AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES, THE PRESENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, CONTRACTORS, INSURERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF THE FOREGOING FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOUR, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, AND LIABILITIES FOR DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU, TO ANY ONE ELSE, OR TO ANY PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT SUCH INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL CONDUCT OF THE OPERATOR OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON YOUR BEHALF, FURTHER AGREE TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND TO HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY'S FEES) AND LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOUR.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
You will be asked on the Order Form to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.). Your E-Ticket will include an email address to contact regarding those restrictions. Your tour guides can work to try and accommodate your needs, but these food tours are not vegan-friendly.
Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible or child friendly?
The tasting establishments are wheelchair and baby stroller friendly and accessible. Please note that some children have a limited attention span and therefore this tour may not be appropriate for some children. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation individually. Since there is a lot of standing and walking, please consider this when deciding whether the culinary tasting adventure is appropriate for your child.
How much food is served on the culinary tasting adventure?
For most participants, enough food is served so that a meal immediately before or after the tour is not necessary (you will eat enough food to equal a regular lunch plate). With the combination of drink and food tastings and breaks for architectural, cultural, and historical insight, most participants are comfortably full after these food tours. Please understand these food tours are not intended to replace breakfast and lunch combined, so it is suggested that participants eat breakfast on the day of their Culinary Tasting Adventure.
How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
Food truck tours generally last between 60 and 90 minutes. Participants can expect to be standing or walking for a majority of the time.
Does the Culinary Adventure Specialist accept gratuities?
Gratuities are greatly appreciated, although not mandatory. The standard gratuity in the service industry is 15%.
Can I shop during the culinary tasting adventure?
Please wait to shop until after the culinary tasting adventure concludes so that the group can stay on the food-tasting schedule in a timely manner. The tasting adventures are on a schedule to arrive at each tasting location, so it's important to stay on schedule since the food is freshly prepared for the tour participants. Please allow time at the end of the tasting adventure to return to your favorite locations and/or stores.
Are any beverages served on the culinary tasting adventure?
This tour will include a bottle of water for each participant. You can, however, purchase other non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of all tasting adventures at the specified meeting location.
Do we only walk around and sample food?
Absolutely not! Culinary tasting adventures combine some historical facts, local culture and culinary insight into a unique experience.
What food trucks will we visit on this adventure?
Food offerings are at some of the best trucks in the area. The tours do not just focus on one particular eatery but on specific types of cuisines instead. Food-tasting locations can change without notice, however in the past, tours have eaten at trucks that have served Pork Belly Sandwiches, Tamales, Beignets, Cuban Sandwiches, Jerk Chicken, Crepes, and Korean Short Rib tacos just to name a few.
Are tours offered only in English?
Yes, currently tours are only offered in English.
What happens if the weather gets bad?
Your tour guide will be the sole determiner of whether or not a tour gets cancelled based on weather conditions. In the rare situation where the guide is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule or receive a refund.
Are bathrooms available during the culinary tasting adventure?
Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at selected locations.
Are cameras allowed on the tour?
Yes. Cameras and filming are allowed during the culinary tasting adventure. Participants are strongly encouraged to take photos during the tour.
72 HOURS MINIMUM ADVANCE BOOKING REQUIRED. This tour does NOT include a hotel pick-up. Your E-Ticket will specify the regular meeting location in Portland, but locations are subject to change and you will be provided an email address on your E-Ticket to verify details for your tour date. Rates are per person. Reserve online, or call us toll-free at ^tollfree^.
If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Use the form below to select the date for your reservation. Calendar defaults to first available date. Please verify your date selection prior to submitting your order.
If you are unable to select a date, it means the tour is unavailable on that date.